Thursday, October 9, 2014

But, oh the ease of it. . .

So, I have several family birthdays coming up and they each have simple requests. My mom wants a "hot shot" to heat her tea and another friend a ball cap. And my sister a few new clothes. I looked for these things used, but they are almost double the price, then shipping. And then there is the bidding, the looking. So I ran out of time and money and simply went to amazon and for very little money and no shipping at these items at my door step the next day. I think this is the exact problem that I started with when I had this idea to buy nothing new! Our American consumer goods are made in other countries on the backs and lives of other people and here we can't not buy them and our lives are supported and made up of them. I mean how can I resist how easy and cheap these type of shopping is? So instead of re-using the hundreds of hot shots that are in other American's basements, I buy another. More plastic, more slave labor, more cups of tea for my mama and more money saved for me. Not to mention, more gas polluting the air because of the delivery. How do I escape this process? How do we change this process? In October I bought: A shovel for our yard renovation Nails to hang pictures Hot Shot Ball Cap Bath toy for gift

No comments:

Post a Comment